ON SENATOR NICKLES RESPONSE
1. He did respond.
2. We wrote him on 29 June and his response was dated 1 August 1994.
3. His response calls me by name and makes no mention of our business. It is as if he thinks I am an individual expressing my views on the topic, not a small businessman asking for help on an issue that could totally destroy our business.
3. His letter sounded like at least his staff was aware of this specific issue. It was not just one of many amendments clouding the issue of prison reform (as in Rep. Brewster's response).
4. His letter did sound like we would go into a pile of pro and con letters and calls to help him determine the position of those living in his jursidiction.
5. We never heard from him again.
Back to Laws Menu
Back to Weight Lifting in Prisons Menu
Back to Strength Tech Home Page